Monday, February 27, 2006

So ......I just ate 6 marinated pork soft tacos from Chipotle Mexican Grill. Sweet Jesus on a pogo stick! That stuff is really good. There has got to be crack in it, right? Now I am sitting in my hotel room with my best friend and watching Braveheart on cable. Sigh. I was discussing the unique advantages of working at Barnes and Noble.
What is up with Mel Gibson? he's giving Catholics a bad name. My polish roommate here at the hotel was telling me how Catholics are kind of rare. I guess i never realized it growing up, but it only makes sense. JFK was the only Catholic president, right? I remember having a long discourse with myself during college and even early graduate school about the existence of God, a higher deity, etc. And I have heard all of the philosophical arguments against God. The whole timepiece in the desert jibe, and the turtle standing on the elephant's back or whatever. But I gotta say - On an everyday basis I believe that there is something else out there. I don't know what has inspired this whole thing - oh wait, I do. Mel Gibson. What is up with that guy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Who's your best friend? Mel Gibson is weird. What do you think of LA?

Maybe "God" doesn't exist, but I agree with you that *something* does. Even if it is just the collective energy of all of us here now, and ever before and those to come. I'm cool with that. As long as when I ask for a cab to be outside my door, it keeps happening (most of the time-my karma's not that good!). Shots out to the Universe.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home