Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Listening to 'The Celibate Life' by The Shins

Another day another dollar. Over the past few months I have been looking at my life and wondering what it is we are all trying to achieve. Sometimes I feel like we are all just whittling away the minutes until that final hour and then we will have the experience necessary to fully analyze what our waking life was about. Yesterday evening I was in a very expensive mansion surrounded by very famous and important people in a place very far away from where I call home. Still, the only thing I felt throughout was a desire to be someplace a little quieter, a little less involved with itself, someplace a little simpler. I got this strange sensation of occupying sapce within a circle which is completely self-sufficient by its own right. It's hard to explain - but just imagine a top spinning independently of any outside force, it just spins and spins, constantly being fed by a power that knows no other source but itself. I was in a place that was so insular as to almost be incestuous. I was not an observer, because that would denote a presence. Rather, I was a necessary concession to an event that was transpiring. This is not to say I was treated harshly, on the contrary the experience was rather pleasant. Again, it just made me want to go back to something that was not nearly as layered, or rather, something that was more layered and not as transparent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I like what SoJ says. Plus, you have to appreciate (well, you don't *have* to) what you add to the equations you're involved in. They wouldn't be the same without you there-nothing, including the rest of the **universe**.

Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch. Just sayin'.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home