Sunday, April 16, 2006


Listening to If I Ever Needed Someone I Need You by Van Morrison

Happy Easter! Are you a recovering Catholic? Have you turned a deaf ear to Jesus whispering in your ear? Are you one of the exponentially growing members of the church of "I believe in something larger than ourselves as long as it isn't a patriarchal figure in a white robe with a big beard?" Do you find yourself lonely sometimes? Depressed? Longing for some sort of contact from something beyond the pedestrian interactions of your daily life? Do you believe in miracles? True love? Well, if this sounds like you then this just may be the blog you have been looking for....
J.C. says eat ham. J.C. says eat chocolate bunnies. J.C. says be happy that you have folks that are happy to be around around.
Three cheers for J.C.!
This morning I am going to cook up a big batch of Bloody Mary's (heh - just recognized the empty symbolism in that one) some eggs benedict (no symbolism there) eggs florentine and home fries. It should be a grand old time. I think my cousin -Ken Fish - will show up. That should be nice too. An Easter brunch at my little humble apartment should be a fun time. Oh yeah - there are going to be some mimosas and black velvets too. For those of you who have never had a black velvet it is a mimosa with Guinness instead of OJ. The juice, not the man.
I have to throw on some after shave, a pair of jeans and a nice pressed shirt because I have some cooking to do. If you are away from your families today I hope that all of your little bunny dreams come true. If you are near them I hope you find their company welcome and warm. And if you have no family at all then you can stop by my place and I'll save a plate of eggs and potatoes for you.
Hooray for J.C!

(Any and all endorsement of Jesus Christ and/or any Christian affiliations should be taken with a grain of salt. Much like Lot's wife).

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I hope brunch was amazing, as I'm sure it was.

Jesus. Controversial figure, there.

Whew! that was enough religion for a whole YEAR!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home