Sunday, June 25, 2006


Listening To Everybody Plays The Fool by The Main Ingredient

So here I am: sitting in my living room dreading that I have to go in to work. It's for a multitude of reasons. First of all, the place is closing and the more I look at it, the more I want my Sundays off. Second of all, the more I look at it, the more i want my Sundays off. And finally, the more I look at it, the more I want my Sundays off.
We all know that the place is closing so why don't we just rip the band-aid off and let it die? Now I have to suffer through this strange countdown of sorts while the liquor starts to disappear and the boss just starts to pocket all of the money and everyone comes in expecting some sort of last hurrah while really it is just the slow tepid dying of an establishment that has been poorly run for the last year. I am really hoping that this will be my last Sunday but all indications point to next week as being the final week. I have no idea what the place will look like today - If there will be any alcohol left all. I wish that I was the kind of person that could just walk away from a situation like this. But I have always tried hard not to burn any bridges and I feel the same way now. I will just see it through to it's bitter, bitter, inevitable end.
On a more positive note: my buddy dan will be coming through town in a week and I met with a commercial agent last week that has led me to believe that some good things will be coming down the pipeline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home