Monday, May 22, 2006



Listening to Desperado by The Eagles

Found this on the web when I woke up:

Losing Your Hair
To dream that you are losing your hair, denotes that you are concerned with the notion that you are getting older and losing your sex appeal/virility. You are preoccupied with aging and your appearance. Losing you hair also signify a lack of strength and that you do not possess the power to succeed in an undertaking. You may be feeling weak and vulnerable.

Sigh. Last night I had a dream that I went to get my hair cut and the person cutting it completely butchered it. They left an enormous bald spot right in the middle of my head. And to my horror, once they had cut it, nothing would grow there. I had to go to work in what looked like some disturbingly dark, seedy, underground club in early 80's Krakow. And when I was done some troll faced woman tried to help me find some suitable ugly hipster clothes.
That would appear to be troubling. Except the night before I had an even more disturbing dream. Saturday night I had a dream that I was led to some basement warehouse area. Actually, a place more akin to a junk shop. There were long rows of tables littered with junk, trinkets, lost toys, and an inordinate amount of knives. Big knives, small knives, dull knives, sharp knives, butcher, paring, peeling, potato, etc. And out of nowhere a person would just appear in the basement with me, chasing me down these long aisles hurling knives at me while I threw them back. And beyond the high walls of this gray and dismal place there were a lot of people watching the event, like it was a sporting match. And if you ran out (of knives that is), you had to pick up the knives surrounding you. I must have been cut and in return butchered around 8 people with various sharp implements before waking up. Here's what the website had to say about knives:

Knife
To dream that you are carrying a knife, signifies anger, aggression and/or separation. There may be something in your life that you need to cut out and get rid of.
To see a dull knife in your dream, denotes that your hard work is accompanied by little or no gain.
To dream that you are wounded by a knife, suggests that you or someone is affected by hurtful remarks or malicious gossip.
To see an electric knife in your dream, indicates your power to get down to the truth of a situation quickly. *View Dream Bank: "Boiling A Rabbit"

I liked the part about the electric knife, including the "boiling a rabbit" part. Unfortunately, neither of those were in my dream.

I went to see the Mets beat the Yankees last night. It was awesome. In a lot of ways it was just what I needed. Something to distract my mind. Something that let me get shit faced and forget about everything that was bothering me. the only problem was that my friend Steve invited me and another guy Richie. Now Richie - he plays on the softball team that Steve play for. And said softball team hasn't been playing Steve a lot this season and Steve is pissed. So, for the entirety of the drive to the game, and then the game itself, Steve just lit into Richie. Telling him everything that was wrong with the team, that Richie was fucked up for not backing Steve, that Richie was a pussy, a bad player, etc. Now: Richie is a good player. So is Steve. Richie is on Steve's side. And it occurred to me - sometimes I think I burden my friends unnecessarily with my own bullshit. So Maggie, Katey, and Shannon, Steve, Dan and Susie - I am sorry. I don't think that I could be any more solipsistic and egocentric than I have been this past weekend. I think that we can be so blinded by our own neuroses that we forget how overpowering and thoughtless our selfish actions can be.
Last night at 5 am I ended up downloading a bunch of Indigo Girls songs. Never a good sign. Pretty soon I am going to get up and go to the gym and try to pull this train back on the tracks.
Tonight begins another Yankee/Red Sox series. Schilling takes the mound against Chien Mien Whatever. I hope we kick their ass. Sweep em right out of Fenway. I really do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listening to you bitch and moan is one of the great pleasures of my life. Hearing you talk about how happy you are is the only thing that beats it...
Love, Shannon

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you. you are wonderful. i would even spend every sunday at the bar, drinking way too much, and putting my career at risk because i am so dysfunctional on mondays just to hear you talk.
-maggie

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home