Sunday, May 07, 2006


Listening to ..... the hum of my refrigerator

Why is 'The History Of Violence' such a good movie? And why does Jack Daniels and Coke taste so good sometimes? How come I can never find a reason to wear underwear on my day off? Why don't flip - flops have more arch support? Where have all the cowboys gone? How come beets make your poo red but not your pee? If he who hesitates is lost, why do we look before we leap?
Ah questions, questions, questions... What would life be without questions? Or what would questions be without life? The very nature of discourse and philosophy is dependent upon observation and question. The eternal realtionship. What would they be without each other? Where would we be without it? The state of Zen is simply the ability to train yourself out of asking the questions that ruin tranquility. A calmness of the mind.
Sweet sweet questions. Let them all go to sleep. Let them pass from my mind like the empty whispers of forgotten daydreams. Another time. For now my pillow beckons.
Side notes: Alex - everything will be all right. You know that and I know that. Susie - Happy birthday. I'm sorry that I was so callous and forgot about it. I need to make sure that we find some time in the next couple of weeks to go out. Abraham Lincoln - I'm sorry you're dead. It went down in a pretty messed up way. You did a lot of good things and we could probably use someone who wasn't a "career politician" again. But what are the chances of that happening? Mom - I hope you're not reading this. No, seriously. I hope you're not reading this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I'm pretty sure I'm not as upset about you forgetting my birthday as Abraham Lincoln is about the way he died. Regardless, we should have drinks in honor of each/both occasion/s.

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home