Sunday, April 30, 2006


Listening to You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go by Bob Dylan

When a critic asked Bob Dylan how he must have felt about the enormous critical reception of Blood On The Tracks, Dylan said "I don't know why someone could love something that's written about so much pain." Probably just rock lore. Whatever. I have to attend a couple of weddings this summer. On is for very close friends - Casey and Megan - and I can't wait for that. The other is a close friend - Andy - that I use to sing with in college.
Now, I am extremely conscious of the bittersweet nature of the "date problem" at weddings. Weddings always make me extremely happy for the people getting married, especially if I feel like it will work out and I haven't had to spend that much money. But they also make me inward looking and sad to think that I might never have one of my own. Or worse, that I will be lonely and dateless for the rest of my life. Now, at Andy's wedding, there will be a huge crew of guys I went to college with, few have wives, the rest are single, so that bodes well. And at Casey and Megan's wedding my best friend Steve will be there. And if there is someone that I would date for the rest of my life without ever having sex it would be Steve. I don't doubt that at all. HOWEVER -and it is a big however - my high school sweetheart will be at the wedding with her now husband. Sigh. That should be interesting. And as if that hasn't been on the back of my mind, last night at work some french chick with droopy boobs was like "I like you - you're cute - I like your little tummy." WHAT!?? fucking little tummy bullshit. What's that about? After working a thirteen hour shift the last thing I want to hear about my gut. Especially from some weird french lady. And if she can see it then everybody can see it. And i didn't even think it existed! Fuck. Not a good two days. Oh well! Off to work again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy W said...

Oh, Ben. I've heard about you; your tummy was NEVER mentioned. Can't wait to meet you...I'll bring Susie's dad with me. Now he's got a tummy. Just you wait. BTW, nothing wrong with tummies.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home