Tuesday, April 25, 2006



Listening To Fly Me To The Moon by Astrud Gilbert

I think it would be an understatement if I said that I was relatively uninspired. Lately I have not been thinking about a lot of things. Just sort of dealing with day to day business, etc. I can see the next six weeks rising up like a behemoth on the horizon. I have to rehearse a play, continue working, attend several classes, auditions, work on my career, make time for a family reunion and potentially start training for a 5k. I am looking at a pretty busy month and a half that should finish up around June 10th.
Again I am struck by the temporal realities of our lives. I know this sounds strange, but sometimes I feel like there is too much time in our lives. I know that a lot of my friends feel the opposite. They feel like there isn't enough time in this lifetime to accomplish all that they would like. And all of that "live for the moment," "live everyday as if it was your last" business aside, I think that there is plenty of life. Or maybe my life has just taken on a more plebeian rhythm as of late. And it is these mundane trappings that chafe. I don't think of these as dark or depressed thoughts, though maybe they are. Maybe it is more like I expect things to happen, but that they will only happen in their time, and I wish that they would happen sooner rather than later. So, you ask, what did you do today? Well, I woke up around 1 o'clock. Made myself some eggs, went the bathroom, and then went back to bed. It is now 6:45 and I have to get ready for work. I accomplished nothing. I am conscious of the undertones of depression inherent in this non-action. But I feel pretty good. I feel like I did some good stuff the past couple of days and I am going to have to do a lot more in the coming months. So I might as well make the most of my downtime as I can.
Do you think I am a candidate for therapy? Sometimes I wonder if I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Everyone's a candidate for therapy! Good times abound.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home