Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I haven't added to this thing in quite a while....
Let's see....
Quit bartending.
Been auditioning for a lot of voice overs.
Found myself in an incredible long term relationship.
Still taking improv classes.
Watched the Sox win another World Series and the Patriots lose a Super Bowl.
All these amazing things and nothing to say about them.

Something that's a little more contemporary....

I decided I would stop bartending and just go out on auditions. I decided to "Throw myself on the mercy of the universe." I'm not sure if I needed to put that in quotations. It's been a trying experience. I haven't had a job since January 2nd. I can't say that I have missed it. I haven't been bored. Quite the opposite. I have been contentedly waking up late, reading books, playing my wii, watching television, taking classes, hanging about, etc. I think that life is pretty dandy. With the exception of my ever-dwindling funds, that is.
I think that generationally we would all like to be retired. We have watched out parents toil endlessly to achieve some modicum of success and financial stability and it all seems pretty nice to us. however, the back-breaking, relationship-destroying, all-consuming working and hardship just seems like too much. I'd rather just skip all that and go straight to the retirement phase. Sure, the rich can cultivate a sense of ennui - they can buy themselves into celebrity, but let a good-old fashioned middle class kid show you how to live it up like a wealthy octogenarian.
I think that working at Barnes and Noble would be pretty goddamn awesome. If I could only do it part time. Make a little bit of scratch doing voice overs and then just spend time shelving and re-shelving books. If I could pay my rent doing that i think that life would be complete. You get a discount on books and you get to dress snappily. I could avoid dealing with all the assholes that need a drink and I wouldn't have to worry about involving myself in finance. I could do improv at night (maybe even teach it here or there) and supplement that income by manning the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section. I hear they pay 8 bucks an hour. That's not much. I'd probably just have better luck buying a Mega Millions ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home