Wednesday, September 17, 2008



I'm writing a one man show. Correction - I'm TRYING to write a one man show. My friend Jeff Kaplan has been nice enough tto guide and direct me through this torturous process. It's fun - and things come out fluidly. I just don't know if it's funny or not. Did I mention it's supposed to be comedic? Yeah - it is.
I got placed on a Harold team earlier this year at the UCB. it have been the most positive significant change in my life in a long time. Now I am part of a larger community that serves to make those in the know in NYC chuckle every once in a while. It ain't easy. I moved in with my girlfriend. We have a great place - it's a railroad apartment that she has decorated in a way that I would never be able to. I'm not nearly as creative or inspired as she.
Went to Soucth carolina with my family over the summer. It was more of the same. I'm unsure if my brothers are helpless to continually act the same way we have always acted or if they choose to act that way on purpose. Either way it's wasn't a whole lot of fun. I turned thirty while i was there and I know you're assuming that's why I thought it was so lame but you're wrong. Well - i guess not - I mean it did bother me that my birthday wasn't that exciting, and that nobody really spoke to each other the entire time, or that my oldest brother was in the foulest mood I have ever seen him but it primarily had nothing to do with my 30th. They're fun people when they're apart. But when we get together we just seem to compromise ourselves out of doing what we would like. So everyone ends up doing a watered down version of what they like and having nobody care that they turned 30. Okay - maybe I was a little miffed. That's unfair - my brothers sent me to New Orleans earlier this year for my birthday and my parents sent me a bag and a table so I don;t have room to complain. i guess I just would have preferred it if everybody could have gotten along in a weird Sally Fields-ian way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home