Sunday, January 29, 2006

I have a friend Maggie (who, for the record, I have never had sex with nor screamed her name up and down Frost Street) that has a very close-knit group of friends. Every once in a while she gets this expression on her face. It's like a momentary glimpse of future felt nostalgia. She recognizes the happiness that she is experiencing in the moment twofold - at the immediate moment and the moment in the future at which she will relish it again.
I felt that last night. I had a housewarming party and all of my closest friends were there. Well, at least the ones in the greater metropolitan area. They brought booze, laughter, food, and revelry into my brand new apartment. I keep talking about "christening" my room by getting laid. The reality is that the real christening was brought on by my friends. If this apartment could start a year with so much positive energy and heartfelt good wishes then maybe it can sustain it as well.
I also had my first drink in about 2 months. So here I am - happily hung over, getting ready to go to work and looking around my apartment. Things have been worse, but it's rare that they have been much better. Also - I get to sing karaoke tonight. Hahahahah. We'll see how that goes......

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon_M_Hayes said...

listen benji you keep posting such lovely entries and you may soon have something to tell your friends on frost street. its too public of a forum to discuss the look on my face when i am appreciating the gifts ive been given....so we'll talk about it later. karaoke tonight. be there with your suit on.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home