Friday, March 10, 2006

I'm gonna make dinner for my friends tonight. My Ma said I could make a filet with a special gorgonzola sauce. I feel kinda bad - it's Lent. She won't have any. So maybe I'll pick up some salmon instead. We'll have to see. I think that I will probably make some bacon wrapped scallops and broiled or steamed or roasted asparagus with parmesan as side dishes. And a big heaping pan of roasted rosemary potatoes.
I love cooking for people. I think it is because I love hearing the words "thank you." That probably has a lot to do with why I work in the service industry. I think it is really important to thank people for the things they do for you. I am erally big on recognition for deeds done and when I don't feel like someone has been recognized fairly it really gets under my skin. I had a roommate once that I cooked for all the time and he never thanked me once. I bought all the groceries, I made the dinner, I washed the dishes. Everything. Not a thank you once. It reached the point of hilarity. My girlfriend and I at the time would sit around and wait for him to say thank you.
Whatever. Wanna see what the view is like from my childhood window?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home