Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I have this new friend named "C." I have never heard her laugh, seen her smile, or watched wwhat she does with her hands when she talks. I have this half-imagined image of her from photographs. I see this person speaking and laughing with a purely imagined laugh, completely fabricated gestures, and a frozen smile. But maybe there is some small solace in that. If you have someone that you owe nothing to that you can discuss intimate details with then maybe there are some benefits to the entire interaction. I mean, on some level, isn't that what therapy's about too. A stranger that you can share intimate knowledge with without them judging you for any subjective reason. But does true subjectivity exist? Can we ever exist inside the eye of the hurricane where no judgement is based upon any of our actions or non actions? I think so. And my friend taught me this. She sometimes comes up with stirring words of wisdoms like: "haya haya haya haya." or one of her personal favorites, which she pointed out to me - “You CAN have it all. You just can't have it all at once.” - Oprah Winfrey.
These little things make an otherwise errant ship safe at sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home